Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New baby!

Well Holly's new little girl was born today. No problems and she's standing and nursing just fine. Mom and baby are snugged up in the nursery enjoying the warmth from a heat lamp because the temps at the farm dropped almost 20 degrees today and rain is expected tonight. Sue says the baby is a true black. I'm driving up on Friday to meet and greet and see if we can figure out a name for her. I want to see what kind of personality she has. I'll take pictures then and I promise I'll get them posted this weekend!
Shearing was done two weeks ago and I'll pick up my fleece's while I'm there as well. Now I just have to decide what to do with them???? I'm tempted to send them to a mill and have them made into roving and/or yarn just because I don't have as much time as I used to for working with them. I have time for some spinning and time for crochet but not time for the whole process of carding, washing, etc. Sending to the mill will depend on what it costs though.
Other than that, there's not much happening right now. I just wanted to post a quick note and let you know the baby is here!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.