Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's August already!

Holy cow, how time flies! Lessee, what's new in the world of my alpacas? We're pretty sure both Holly and Princess are pregnant. Not exactly what I wanted as far as Princess goes but we'll be sure next spring when she does breed with Legend that she's fertile.
I had a productive weekend a little while back as far as fiber goes and got some carded and dyed and spun. I used the Kool-Aid method and dyed some pink and purple and then blended it in my carder to make a really pretty heathered batt that I then spun. Of course then life intervened and I haven't worked on it since. I'm hoping to get enough of it spun that I can make a baby item of some sort. It's so soft and the colors are very delicate. I'll post a picture in a little while.
Other than that, not much happening. Show season is gearing up but I won't be showing anyone. Mark just can't compete with the big dogs and I don't have the extra money anyway so I don't see the point. I did sign a new consignment contract and my alpacas should be making their web appearance on Alpacas of Nottingham Hollow's web page soon. Sue has an Alpaca Street web site as well so I'm hoping they'll get some traffic when posted. Who knows? It's a buyers market right now, not a seller's so it's probably okay that mine just hang out for the time being until the economy recovers. As long as I can pay the agisting fees, we're good! And I'll keep working on winning the lottery so I can buy my dream farm. Yeah, that's the ticket!
I get to go visit my kids in October, I can't wait. I'm sure Perl is a very big girl now and I can't wait to see how they are all doing. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to post on their sales flyers with them in full fleece.
Oh, speaking of fleece. I sent my fleece's off to a mill to be made into yarn. I should have that back by October as well. I'm excited. I hope it turns out as well as I'm thinking it will. I have all kinds of crochet projects in mind for that yarn when it gets back! I will do my best to keep the posts up to date. Till later!

No comments: